Monday, April 9, 2012

ANOTHER SQUARE PAINTING

I don't know what is is with all these square paintings.  I guess it is my admiration of the paintings done by some of the Daily Paintwork  artists, especially those of Carol Marine, that I have been looking at a lot lately.

After getting home from my trip south last month, I did this painting   from a photo I took in my garden a few years ago.


                                     CABBAGE watercolor, 10"x 10"



Gardening has been much on my mind with the warming weather since I've been home.  There have been  lots of sunny days and the snow is almost gone in the yard and garden.  I've got seedlings coming up in the house and looking forward to digging  outside soon.

My trip south was good but am glad to be home. I posted some sketches from my travel journal on my other blog, Watercolor Postcards.  

Last week I brought out my water soluble oils and have done a couple of little paintings which I will try to get photographed soon and post.

3 comments:

Aurora said...

I love your cabbage Carol!! spring is here and today I am planting snow peas--even so, I'm a little late with those..hope you have a great summer--I'm getting quick trip to Ak in JUne to go to a wedding in Sitka--4 days in Juneau and 4 days in Sitka...really looking forward to it...

Nancy Goldman said...

I love square paintings and have always loved cabbage paintings. This is so beautiful.

JANE MINTER said...

beautifuly done carole ...we eatting the last of our cabbages