Sunday, January 22, 2017

Point Retreat

oil painting 6x6

This painting is of Point Retreat Light house on the north end of Admiralty Island .  I pass it or go over it every time I go to or from Juneau on the ferry or by air.  It is no longer used for navigation and the quarters are rented out for overnight stays.  I painted this from a photo I took last month from the ferry, coming home one beautiful morning.

It's the 22nd day of Leslie Seata's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge and though I've hardly missed a day of painting, I have completed only 8 oil painting and 4 little watercolors.  They will get posted eventually.  I have yet to figure out how to get a decent photo of my little oil paintings, and wait until they are dry and scan them.


2 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

J'aime beaucoup les nuances de couleurs que vous exprimez dans votre ciel qui apportent un magnifique contraste avec l'eau...
Une certaine sérénité règne dans cette peinture.

Gros bisous 🌸

Carole Baker said...

Merci Beaucoup, Martine