Sunday, April 7, 2013

DAY 20 and 21

 
 water mixable oil 5 x 7 inches

 This one took two days.  Yesterday I felt like I was coming down with a cold and didn't feel like doing much of anything.  I did get this started and today felt fine and finished it.  I probably could have fiddled around with it for another hour.   It is a spruce growing on the bank of a creek.  I took the photo sometime in the 90's at the same time I painted the watercolor below.

 watercolor about 7 x 10 inches

It was one of my favorite paintings  around that time.  I can still remember sitting there painting in late summer listening to sandhill cranes. 

 water mixable oil 6 x 6 inches

This one I started over a week ago from my car at my neighbor's.  I'd been hoping to finish it on site with my easel, but its still too cold.  I went over today and took a photo.



 

No comments: