Friday, January 25, 2008

MY NEW BLOG

Welcome to my new blog. I'm at the library now where I will be most of the times when I post, since my phone connection at home usually times out before I can even sign in. Well, as I tried to explain on my watercolor postcards blog, I am starting this as a place to present a broader range of my art work and life. I may go back to and maybe back and forth if the spirit moves me, but for now this is where I will be.

Today, I finished a painting that I started over a month ago. I'll take a picture of it and put it here next time. Also this week, I've collaged a dozen or so ATCs. Artist Trading Cards are little
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch works of art which are traded by artist. I don't have any scans of these but they are sort of on the line of this collage which is about 6 x 4 inches.


This one has remnants of an old watercolor painting, and various artist and found paper. I usually have something more recognizable within the images.

Since I don't have any new scans to put here, I'll was going to put a couple of photos on. But after trying to get my iphotos small enough to load, I gave up. That is something I can figure out at home. I have so much to learn.

It has snowed all day today, but only 4 or 5 inches accumulated. Getting dark, its 4:30.

2 comments:

Aurora said...

hi Carole--found your blog --from your old one! so now I have it bookmarked. Do you have Adobe Photoshop? I just drag my photos from Iphoto to the desktop, then open them in Photoshop and resize them to 72dpi (that's the size you need for the web) in Photoshop--I can tell you how to do that--it is simple. I think iphotos has a save for the web function, tho? which should resize them to 72dpi...

Carole Baker said...

Thanks, Aurora. That's exactly what I'd figured out to do using Photoshop Elements. I also change the pixels to about 300 on the wide side. Then I go to "save for web" under file to get them even smaller. I get them down to about 30 K's so they will load reasonably fast on my phone connection. I think one of the older versions of iPhotos had a save for the web function Version 6 iPhotos sends you to Picasa (from export) but I don't need another program to figure out.